DVD Collector V1.0

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Darren Lewis, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

I've been reluctant to install the buggy V2.0 release of DVD profiler, but have been looking at DVD Collector as an alternative. Anyone here using it? What are you impressions? At first glance, it looks to be optimized for Region 4, but can handle other regions.
    Darren.

2. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

DVD Profiler 2.0 buggy?? I have been using it for the last few months and have had zero problems. What are some of the bugs?

-Ian

3. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast

Clint
    I have found no bugs yet but regardless of what they say, v2 does run quite a bit slower (on my system anyway) than the previous version.

4. Jens Raethel

Jens Raethel Second Unit

Jens
    Why is is that sometimes when I add a DVD to my collection i DVD Profiler, the dvd itself doesnt get a number??

5. Mike Franklin

Mike Franklin Stunt Coordinator

Did you run the Data Base repair tool, try that and see if that will fix your problem. I too DVDprofiler and havent had any problems and when I did, I would just run the repair tool and it would fix it.

6. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

dvdprofiler 2.0 has worked flawlessly for me. it even loads faster...

7. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

I think the main bug remaining in v2.01 Build 590 is that it still makes some NT systems crash; if you're not running on that platform, it should be fine. Note, however, that to get Build 590 you have to be a paid member.

8. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

I've got V2.01 Build 590 and find it a bit slower than my previous V1.1 (running on Win2K SP3).

Anyone tried this new prog? I've got it installed and it has a few features which are better than DVD Profiler. There are also has areas which are better in DVD Profiler too.

I've been a bit fed up with all the errors and minor erroneous profile updates associated with DVD Profiler recently, and I don't feel it's as good with non-region 1 titles IMHO.

Darren.

9. Phil Dally

Phil Dally Stunt Coordinator

I've been running DVD Profiler v2.0 Build 569. I've enjoyed the profiler that I paid for it nearly a year and a half ago. No bugs.

10. Greg Rakaska

Greg Rakaska Stunt Coordinator

I have used DVD Profiler for the past few years, and have never personally encountered any major bugs. I know there have been some, so I am not stating it is not a problem for some users in certain circumstances.
    All software has bugs, the authors of DVD Profiler have always acted to correct them. It is a fact of programming life that there are too many variables between system configurations to test them all before releasing a product.
    I believe that DVD Collector will suffer the same fate as time passes and more people start using it.
    Go here: http://dvdc.moose-shack.com/forums/index.php to read of problems the DVD Collector users are encountering, and consider that there are far fewer users than there for Profiler.
    In the long run, it may prove to be a better product, or its authors may lose interest and it will die on the vine. Do keep HTF posted on your experience, if it is ultimately the better product, I would have no problem switching. I believe that Profiler was only $20 (free for non registered users).

11. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

I, too, am running DVD Profiler v.2 also, and have no problems whatsoever...

12. Jalil

Jalil Stunt Coordinator

i have dvd profiler 2.0 also, i love it.
    no problems with it at all.
    paid for registration here myself also.

13. ChadM

ChadM Stunt Coordinator

another happy paying dvd profiler customer.