What's new

DVD cleaning (1 Viewer)

rick bie

Stunt Coordinator
I am curious as to what methods everyone uses to clean their DVDs or to repair them when possible. Just thought it would be interesting to hear different ways to maintain a clean and functional collection.:D

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
First, if it probably just needs a cleaning I use a tissue and window cleaner. If more is required I run it through my Skip Doctor.

Ken Bentley

Second Unit
well i never tried window cleaner before... but seeign as i have a kids... i use baby wipes. seems to work fine on dvds.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I only repaired one of my DVD's (Video Essentials) which my sons scratched to oblivion about 3 years ago. It worked fine after that.

Other than that, I use a regular CD cleaner to get rid of the fingerprints that get on there.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I clean my DVDs by rinsing them under running water and drying them with a clean microfiber cloth. None of my DVDs have ever become damaged, so I have never had to repair any of them, however, I have repaired many CDs over the years, and I use Meguiars Gold Class Swirl Reducer, and then a layer of Gold Class Carnuba Wax...same stuff I use on my car. Works everytime.

Douglas Kalon

Stunt Coordinator
A while ago I bought one of those DVD cleaner kits from Maxwell, it had some cleaning pads, a base for the DVD and cleaning fluid (Isopropyl Alcohol) something like 1.5 oz. of that. Bought it at Wal-Mart for about $9.00

Works pretty well.

However what I did was to buy a container of Isopropyl Alcohol from Wal-Mart and put it in a spray bottle and when ever I need to clean the discs I use that. 16oz for about a dollar or so. Cheaper that the DVD Cleaning Kit and I have a very good cleaning solution for my DVD's.

All I need to do is buy replacement cleaning pads and more Isopropyl Alcohol when ever I need more. Cheaper that the entire cleaning kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks