What's new

DVD Christmas shopping list! (1 Viewer)

Tyler T

Stunt Coordinator
OK it's not even Thanksgiving yet but I would still like to start wondering what DVD's to buy. Unfortunatly I cannot get DVD's every week. Usually I can afford only 1 DVD each month, but sometimes two. Since getting money from releatives and my own mother and father is coming around, I am thinking about devoting my own Christmas gifts to DVD's. I think that I will probably get more from that source. I want all kinds of DVD's! Not just new ones, but even one and two year old ones. But any of you helpful people here at the forum who can give me suggestion on what to buy, I thank you.
1. I have a very wide selection of tastes. Drama, Comedy, Horror, Action, Music, TV, Sci-Fi, and some others are mine. No ADULT titles please...
2. I don't have a 16x9 TV or a home theater system yet so it would be unnessceray, IMO, at this time to get any "best sound!" DVD's. I guess picture can count in this case...
3. Not too expensive stuff... I want to at least get more than one DVD this season so anything past a 4-disc set is not what I want now.
Just a few things I wanted to clarify there on how I want my DVD's. Number two may be scratched out soon as one of my relatives said they may get one for me! :)
But here are a few of the titles that intrest me (opinions on these and other titles is what I am looking for):
Snow White & Seven Dwarfs:SE
Star Wars-Episode 1:SE
Planet of The Apes:SE
The Grinch (play-set or regular DVD):CE
Army of Darkness-AB Theatrical and Bootleg cut
Bad Taste (may check it out since Peter Jackson is making Lord of The Rings:LE???
Mystery Science Theater 3000-Manos, The Hands of Fate and Mitchell
Pink Floyd The Wall
The X Files:S1
Apocalypse Now Redux
The Godfather DVD collection
Desparado, The Fifth Element, Air Force One Super-Bits (OK they sound good in picture and sound)
Evil Dead 2:non-tin
Monty Python and The Holy Grail:SE (corrected subtitle copy
Monty Python Live!
There are many more I want but I can't think now...
Any help is apprecated.
Thanks in advance!

Rob T

Screenwriter
LOL
I've got a few to suggest...
The Matrix Revisited
Babylon 5 test disc
Die Hard SE trilogy
Superman SE
X-Men
Blade
ST: TMP SE
A Few Good Men SE
Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks