What's new

DVD Changer (1 Viewer)

Bob>N

Auditioning
I'm looking for a DVD changer that will randomly shuffle between discs when acting as a CD player. Does anyone know of such a beast? Thanks.

JohnRyan

Stunt Coordinator
My old Panasonic (CV-51) does and from what I understand the newer Panasonic (F87) does as well. I'm currently looking to upgrade my CV-51 and am also adamant in getting one with this same shuffle/random feature as well. I believe the Sony only shuffles songs amongst the one disc and not the five.

I'm looking at the Onkyo CP-702. I thought I had read on this forum that it does have the shuffle/random feature amongst all 6 discs.

Good luck!

Bob>N

Auditioning
Thanks for your response. I went out to buy a DVD disc changer that can handle burned DVD's i.e.slide shows and home movies as well as act as a CD player. The sony I picked up played the burned DVDs but did not play randomly between discs.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
I have a Sony 200 DVD changer that plays burned DVD's and shuffle between CD's. It will not play burned CD's however. I now use HTPC to play my movies and music so this has been unused for a while, I could possibly sell it if you're interested.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have 2 sonys of both: DVD & CD. I would keep the cds in their own changer which is only about ~$100 for a 200 unit.

Because of the SW, the DVD changer run very slow when switching from disc to disc unlike a cd stand alone model.

Unless you like a lot of silence between songs.

JoeHard

Stunt Coordinator
The Yamaha changers will also randomly shuffle in the manner You are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks