What's new

DVD/CD/Video Game Disc Cleaner (1 Viewer)

Chris Rein

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I think I've gone through just about EVERY cleaning device there is out there. I just finished using the "GameDr" and it pretty much destroyed my disc. It looked HORRIBLE! Such a joke, and a TON of work! Anyway, I'm looking for a really good DVD/CD/Video Game Disc cleaner. The best I ever had was by Discwasher...the Hydrobath. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING touched the disc. No matter how dirty the disc was, it would get it sparkling clean. I used it whenever I could, and finally it died. Now, my DVDs and other media are not dirty. I get the occasional "oops" fingerprint on there. I don't like using the cloths, and pretty much don't like anything touching my disc! :) I would just get another hydrobath, but I can't find them anywhere. The downfall to the hydrobath was you had to do like 200 discs at one time, or you'd waste your solution.
I thought my problems were solved when Memorex came out with their "purple" cleaning/repair system. The first few discs I put in there came out clean and shiny. Not a hint of a scratch. Well, do about 5 during one sitting. About the fourth one, the pads begin to wear down...and not by much, but just enough to cause the little pieces of plastic to poke up into the pad. That pressure started to put minor scratches on the discs. It just got worse after that. What a beating.
Sorry that this is such a long winded post. I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks!
Chris
Thanks!

BrentPollard

Second Unit
I too have the Hydrobath and love it. You are correct in that it is very seldom you need to wash 100's of CD's on a regular basis, so what I do when I only need to clean a few discs is to substitute distilled water for the Discwasher solution. It works well.

Brent

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
The game doctor polishes scratches. It won't clean your discs for you. It does leave marks radiating from the center, which is all right. CD players are designed with great laser correction in this direction. What gets them out of whack is the scratches that go across a disc or around a disc. These are what cause most of the read errors out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks