DVD & CD-R/W drives won't mount inside of case...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris S, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    First off I just got finished putting my new computer together yesterday and I must say a very big thank you to everyone. You made it so much easier and a lot less intimidating than it otherwise would have been. Thank you.
    Now on to the question. I bought a Chieftec Server Chasis (Workstation Tower) Model DX-01BD case seen here but I can't get my CD-R/W and DVD drive to fit in the top part correctly. The drives appear to be too narrow to hold themselves up and there is really no screw holes for them to attach to. Obviously I am missing something but I can't tell what it is. Anyone have any idea?
    Chris S.

2. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

You might have a case that uses "drive rails". They are about 5" long and 1/2" wide. If your case came with them they should be inside your case on the floor. You attach the rails to the drives and then slide the drives into place. They looked weird to me when I first saw them and didn't know what they were for. Hope this helps.

3. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    O! So that's what those things are suppose to be. Man do I feel stupid. It never even dawned on me what they were there for. :b Thanks,

Chris S.

4. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

You just need to get the screw holes in the correct position for the rails. A bit of trial and error really, but once they're on they slide in fine.