What's new

DVD/CD players- to seperate or not? (1 Viewer)

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
I need a new DVD/CD player
Are you using seperate DVD and CD players or just DVD or Universal players
-Are there any advantages to using Seperates or is it a waste of $$$$
-I was looking at NAD t572 5 disc DVD/CD
-Pioneer 563a
-Sony DVPNC685 5 disc
among many others

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
I need a new DVD/CD player
Are you using seperate DVD and CD players or just DVD or Universal players
-Are there any advantages to using Seperates or is it a waste of $$$$
-I was looking at NAD t572 5 disc DVD/CD
-Pioneer 563a
-Sony DVPNC685 5 disc
among many others

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I vote separate. When you get to the more expensive players, DVD players start to be decent for CD, but in the sub $300 range, most DVD players are average or below with CDs.

I use a 222ES for CD/SACD and a Denon 2200 for DVD, DVD-A.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I vote separate. When you get to the more expensive players, DVD players start to be decent for CD, but in the sub $300 range, most DVD players are average or below with CDs.

I use a 222ES for CD/SACD and a Denon 2200 for DVD, DVD-A.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I own a separate single-disc CD player, separate dvd-audio player & am saving for a separate dvd-video player. Only so much can be crammed into one cabinet. And dvd hardware seems very delicate/short-lived.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I own a separate single-disc CD player, separate dvd-audio player & am saving for a separate dvd-video player. Only so much can be crammed into one cabinet. And dvd hardware seems very delicate/short-lived.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I have a Denon 2900 for DVD, SACD, and DVD-A. I have a seperate Denon 5-disc CD player.

2 reasons:

1st, I like to have several CDs loaded and switch between them without getting up.

2nd, the 2900 is set up for multi-channel speakers with a sub. For music, I use a pair of full range towers. That way I do not have to keep changing configurations.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I have a Denon 2900 for DVD, SACD, and DVD-A. I have a seperate Denon 5-disc CD player.

2 reasons:

1st, I like to have several CDs loaded and switch between them without getting up.

2nd, the 2900 is set up for multi-channel speakers with a sub. For music, I use a pair of full range towers. That way I do not have to keep changing configurations.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Since I have the exact same equipment as Brian, I guess I agree totally with his reasoning....largely because it's mine too :D

Mort (who's too lazy to futz with stuff)

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Since I have the exact same equipment as Brian, I guess I agree totally with his reasoning....largely because it's mine too :D

Mort (who's too lazy to futz with stuff)

John Sun

Agent
I also own separate DVD and CD players (Panny CP72 and Jolida JD-100). I also recently sold my Sony 555ES. It just became too much of a hassle owning multiple players and I'll eventually downgrade to a single player.

A nice compromise and my plan once the next gen of universal players is released is to buy one of the higher end ones with solid build quality (denon or pioneer, perhaps) and use a nice DAC to enhance redbook playback. Got my eye on an Ack! dAck!

John Sun

Agent
I also own separate DVD and CD players (Panny CP72 and Jolida JD-100). I also recently sold my Sony 555ES. It just became too much of a hassle owning multiple players and I'll eventually downgrade to a single player.

A nice compromise and my plan once the next gen of universal players is released is to buy one of the higher end ones with solid build quality (denon or pioneer, perhaps) and use a nice DAC to enhance redbook playback. Got my eye on an Ack! dAck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks