DVD Cases

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Patrick.C, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Patrick.C

Patrick.C Second Unit

I'm trying to learn the lingo... Can someone list and describe the different types of DVD cases? Snap case, keepcase, digipak, etc.? Which is which?

2. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Snapper case: paper cover and the little thing on the side that snaps close. Examples include many of the Warner single discs.

[​IMG]

Keepcase: usual plastic case found on most every DVDs.

[​IMG]

digipak: plastic trays, usually a foldout combo with cardboard. Examples include the Lord of the Ring Extended Editions, Fight Club, the Alien Quadrilogy.

[​IMG]

3. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Are far as keepcases go, there are several different kinds. Probably the most popular are the amaray and alpha types (i think they belong to the same company though). Probably the most distinguishable thing about them is the hub. Amarays and Alphas also do they're multi disc cases differently.

For a two-disc set, Amarays have a flap that holds the second disc.

[​IMG]

Alphas on the otherhand have some funky double width thing going on and can do this for as many discs necessary (I think the max is seven).

[​IMG]

4. Ockeghem

Ockeghem Ockeghem

Scott D. Atwell
    Does anyone happen to know where to purchase the stackable hub DVD cases that hold at least twelve DVDs? I'm thinking of the variety that allows you to press two tabs back so you can place your DVDs on top of one another (not in separate turnable plastic pages, but in one single vertical stacking). I have searched online and the HTF threads, to no avail.

I have seen the type that holds four, six, and eight DVDs, but not more than this. I own three or four of the type that hold twelve, but I received them from a company when ordering DVDs, and cannot reach them any longer. If there is a link or two, I'd appreciate knowing about it. Many thanks in advance.

Okay, after about an hour or so of searching I found what I needed. Here is the link in case anyone else likes this type of DVD case:

http://www.tape.com/1DVDSA12S.html?leftmenu=mediasuppliesnav&id=sXjzfy8S

Edited by Ockeghem - 8/1/2009 at 05:13 pm GMT