DVD Cases...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ArthurJ, Feb 6, 2003.

1. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Second Unit

I have been building up my dvd collection over the past year...It ranges for Godfather Saga, Young Guns I & II, Blow, Gladiator, Dumb & Dumber, and so on...All these DVD's are in the normal DVD case, I have always refrained from buying the snap-cases simply because they don't fit with my other DVD's, I hate this considering some of my favorite movies come in snap-cases (Rockstar, Goodfellas, teenage mutant ninja turtles, and so on) I recently bought the Exorcist and this snap case does not fit with my other DVD's...is there any place I can download and print the original covers that have the full front side and back? I have an extremely high end printer, it's photo print ready and I have a special cartridge and I print off Photos and they come out identical to the originals that came from the lab. I just wanted to note this incase I need special paper if this is possible. Thanks.

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    You can go to DVDCoverart.com to get many covers. It is a contribute community, so you either have to pay a small fee to download more than the first 10 covers, or earn credits by contributing covers. The standards are pretty high.

Personally, I like to print on a good heavy coated matte paper for the covers. Once you get them in the sleeve, you can't tell it isn't glossy and the paper is cheaper and usually takes ink better. I use Epson Matte Paper Heavyweight.

3. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

and you can get plastic cases from inetdvd.com or dvdepot.com

4. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Also cyberdisk.org

They also have slim doubles, (same thinckness as standard keep case).

5. Dave Corder

Dave Corder Stunt Coordinator

I was just going to recommend CyberDisk.org. I ordered a bunch of cases from them a few weeks ago (30 singles and 25 slim doubles). Four of the doubles arrived damaged (one of the tabs holding the inner flap in place were broken). Emailed them to ask what to do about getting them replaced and before I knew it, four new cases were on their way to me via FedEx. Excellent service, I think.

The only downside I can think of is their minimum order is $15 and cases are $0.45 for singles and $0.80 for doubles (less per case if you order a lot of them), which means I had to order a lot more than I needed at the time, but no matter...I'm stocked for quite a while now, and besides, I would have had to order them eventually anyway.

Dave C

6. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Dave, I ordered twice from them, never had anything damaged and I found out you can play with your order so the shipping is part of the $15. This helps with ordering a little less quantity. My last order was like $15.08 including shippuing and it went through and I got my cases.

7. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

I see that "CyberDisk" has the kind of case that pinches the heck out of your finger when you press in the hub. Ouch!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I'll stick with Amarays.) [​IMG]

8. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Second Unit

OH WOW!!! Just printed The Exorcist and used a heavy weight light gloss paper and OMG, did it ever turn out beutiful...I am comparing right now to the original snap cover and it looks BETTER! The light shining down on the Priest is whiter and a more metallic looking, and it all around just look better. I couldnt beleive it. It looks better then all of my covers...lol...anybody who wants to know what kind of paper i used I can find out and post it.

9. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

10. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Second Unit

David, I did get it from DVDcoverart.com...It's not blurry at all, the tiny writing on the bottom back is a TAD distorted but nothing extremely bad and I didn't notice it until I compared the 2. I will try and get pics up by tonight, im leaving on a ski trip right now [​IMG] bye

11. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

12. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer