DVD cases?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alex Bradbury, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Alex Bradbury

I hear a few different types of DVD case constantly being mentioned here, but I'm not too sure which is which, so could anyone explain the difference between an Amaray and Alpha case, or any other type of cases, or point me to a website that will? Thankyou

Sorry for the newbie-ness, and please bear in mind that I'm from the UK, so sayind "DVD x has this case, and DVD y has that case" may not help, as I imagine they may have been released in different cases from their region 1 counterparts.

2. Jean Paul Villeneuve

Jean Paul Villeneuve Second Unit

3. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I bought cases at Cyberdisk (cyberdisk.com). I got singles and the slim doubles, been very happy with them.

4. Alex Bradbury

Thanks for the links Jean Paul!

5. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

You know what really sucks is, some of the ones that have the little curved indents where you're supposed to slide your finger under to remove the disc, (like the Amray 1 for example). Well some of those have a lip that goes all the way around the disk and is not "opened up" at the finger removal points. So you really can't slide your finger under there after pressing the hub release. That lip should end at each of the finger removal points.

6. Alex Bradbury

John, that annoys me too. I tend to sort of tip the box upside down while removing the disc, then try and use the force of gravity to my advantage [​IMG]