1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

dvd camera angles....player functions

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Daryl_hawk, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Daryl_hawk

Daryl_hawk Agent

Just curious about movies that have multiple angles present. 2 movies that I have (burned -R's) show a little camera icon up in the top right corner for a while (one for a whole chapter). If you hit the angle button on the remote, it changes from 1/2 to 2/2 but it will not go away. Is this normal for movies with multiple angles? Is there any way to turn it off????

thanks.

2. John S

John S Producer

To turn it off, your DVD player would have to allow all On Screen Display to be turned off. Check your doccumentation.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    All of the players I've owned indicate angle available on the front panel, not on the OSD, so it may be an OSD function. Check your menus to see if there is a way to turn off the angle indicator.

What player we are talking about may help...

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

It's usually in the setup menu as "Angle Mark" or "Angle Indicator". My cheapo players are a bit annoying as when you turn this off, there's no other way to tell if you've got a disc with multiple angles, but if you turn the display on it will stay on all the time.

5. Daryl_hawk

Daryl_hawk Agent

It is a Phillips DVP642.

I have checked the documentation and menus and thus far cannot figure out a way to turn that function off.

6. John S

John S Producer

No way to turn off the On Screen display on that one?

I have a very similar Philips player, I'm not using anymore, but it is still hooked up. I will check it out, and post back tomorrow morning on it.

7. Daryl_hawk

Daryl_hawk Agent

Any word yet John?? I tried again and still can't figure out how to turn it off.