What's new

DVD burning resolution (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have been using Easy DVD creator 6 with awful audio results, After a long talk with CS they suggested I use MGI videowave for capturing because of of Compro Personal Cinema video card.
Much better results but a few questions.
When I tried inputting a LD with no compression @ 640 x 480 I max out my HD. So I tried lowering it to 352 x288 & used compression (MPEG 4 codec 1 I believe); I had Pixels the size of Scottie Dogs.
Without wasting a bunch of disc can someone help me out on the settings?
For MPEG 4: I can choose codecs 1 ,2 or 3.
What would be the resolution if I inputed vhs or LD?
Thanks everyone... I have learned alot but I still feel pretty dumb; there are so many variables

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
don't capture uncompressed, don't capture in MPEG-4

Preferably capture in DV. Proper DVD res is 720x480 29.97fps

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, unless you have 1GB for every 90 seconds of video, uncompressed isn't practical.

You'd need a hardware DV encoder, like a DV camcorder and a firewire card, or a standalone card like the Pinnacle DV500 to do what you want.

Your computer is not fast enough to do quality on the fly MPEG-4 encoding, probably not MPEG-2 encoding either. You need to capture to another format and then go to MPEG. Can you capture to MJPEG maybe? That's a decent codec

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks