What's new

DVD Burners... (1 Viewer)

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
After some consideration, we've ordered a Pioneer 105 DVD-R/-RW Writer which comes with Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD Software. It was on offer for £99+VAT.

I wasn't convinced we'd need both formats. My player and his player both only mention DVD-RW in their list of formats.

We've also ordered a 25pcs Spindle x 2 Speed Branded Datawrite Silver Label (Ritek Dye) and a 4.7Gb DVD Re-Writable Media (-RW)Branded.

Some specifically mention the 4.7Gb capacity, others don't when they list their media. Are they all the same capacity?

Any thoughts on the drive? It should be arriving on Thursday.

Darren.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Darren, you wont go far wrong with those Datawrite discs. I use the x1 yellow label, the 2x silver and the 4x red and they'll all excellent. It just goes to show that you don't need to spend £4.50 on a blank disc!

A couple of the online places are now doing the 4x red for 79p each (inc. VAT). This is a steal, so try a pack out. The x1 yellow are also very good indeed and can be had for 60-70p each now.

They're all the same capacity as far as I'm aware. The 4.3gb and 4.7gb figures come about when the Gb are worked out using the 1000 or 1024 method. 4.7 is how Windows sees the capacity.

You might find the A05 slow for extraction and for normal audio CD use.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks