DVD between two pieces of paper and leave in warm oven..

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Henry Gale, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Jul 10, 1999
    I'm not a NETFLIX customer, but I am part of their delivery system. As a rural carrier I deliver and pick up Netflix DVDs from several of my stops.
    So, which of us would willingly put our DVDs in an envelope and lay them in a metal box in the South Texas sun for hours?
    It is 95+ much of the day here...so, maybe 120 or 130 in a mailbox.
    This doesn't seem like a good idea. [​IMG]

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Mar 24, 1999
    Ok, that isn't a cool idea! (Ok sorry, but I couldn't pass it up).

Have you ever left a thermometer in a box to see how hot it gets? Is it more than a car dashboard? - Another bad idea in my book.

I wonder exactly how much heat it takes before they start to bend, and too, if you can put them into an oven and unbend them?!

3. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

May 1, 2000
    I agree, but... I have not had a single Netflix disc failure in about a year of membership. I guess they are more durable than we think. As bad as the heat is, up here in NY I keep thinking that the cold will make the discs brittle and prone to cracking, but that doesn't seem to happen either.
    However, when I get them from the library, it is about a 50% rate of either outright unwatchability, or having to wash the DVD with soap and water. These are from the LIBRARY! What do these people do with these discs?
    And BTW, these are not children's movies I'm taking out. That might make some sense.