What's new

DVD Basen gone? (1 Viewer)

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Just tried going to this site & I got a "THIS SITE HAS BEEN SUSPENDED" message. Hope this site isn't gone. I visit it on an almost daily basis to find DVD reviews.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I know that the owner has had problems with his hosts before and was offline temporarily. Hopefully he'll find a way to bring it back again. It's an invaluable source for review links.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
Well I salute the owners of that site. It was very very useful and It's a real shame we lose it. It was the most useful sites for finding reviews, now we have to resort back to checking all thousands dvdsites around the world to see if a review is up:frowning::frowning:
Unfortunately I missed the part of donating for the site.
I would agree with a payservice though, but it's too late for that now anyway I guess.
RIP DVDBASEN

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I am really going to miss that site! I used it all the time. I hope that someone can revive it somehow.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Its never too late. Don't give up so easy. If we can find out what type of bandwidth and space he's using on a monthly basis maybe we can find a decent host and pay for 12 months in advance. Then we could do the 'ol PBS plug for donatioins once a year or so.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Kinda funny you should mention that, since dvd basen already had a paypal donation link that apparently not enough people used...

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Maybe we should have a donation drive for Ole to help out with costs or at least by the guy a six pack or liter of vodka!

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
That's great news; DVD-Basen is an irreplaceable resource for disc reviews across the globe. It would be well-nigh impossible to recreate that database after five years of DVD reviews! :emoji_thumbsup: I'll be sure to donate when it comes back up.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Back up in 2 weeks? He (the webmaster) sounded like it was gone for good. Glad it's coming back though but will allllllll those review links still be there or did he dump em when he thought the site was lost?

Claus Nielsen

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if all the reviews will still be there. But he has stated at a Danish forum that he did back-up the database.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
When he went down for a few weeks last year (before someone here found him a new server) he talked as if it was gone for good, but the review database came back intact, so I don't see why he would have done it differently this time. If I'd gone to all that work I sure wouldn't erase it quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.