DVD Bargains at KMART

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Miles_S, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Miles_S

Miles_S Auditioning

KMart has some Anchor Bay titles for an every day

sale price of $6.99 right now.Titles include Supergirl

- the limited 2 disc edition,Hell Night (Linda Blair)

and some Brigitte Bardot titles.Go Grab......

2. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Picked up Supergirl LE at Kmart. I'm very very happy to have waited and grabbed such an excellent price.

3. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Sheesh! First Dave L. tells me about the Supergirl LE and now YOU suck another 7 bucks out of my pocket with this Hell Night (read: "guilty pleasure") news!
    Cool! Even if I only watch it once, the nostalgia value alone is worth 7 bucks!

4. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    I just picked up DEATH ON THE NILE for $6.99. Pretty good since the best online price is double that. And reviews are pretty positive on the quality of this DVD.

They didn't have any SUPERGIRL LE at this K-mart. I may swing by the other nearby one tomorrow.

UPDATE: Got to the other K-Mart and they had one copy left of SUPERGIRL LE, which I snagged.

5. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

They've also got GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN, which doesn't include the Cyndi Lauper version of the song but is still a great flick!

6. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

Kmart surprises me from time to time with their selection and prices. While none of the Kmarts around here have a decent selection, you can find gems there occasionally. Today I got What About Bob? for 14.99, which is the cheapest I've found it (including at used shops). Strangely, this was pretty much the only disc at this particular Kmart that I would have ever even considered buying.

7. Bob Pierce

Bob Pierce Stunt Coordinator

Yesterday, I picked up a two-pack of Rushmore (Criterion version!) and High Fidelity for $29.99. Considering how much just the Criterion Rushmore goes for, it seemed like a great deal. (The cheapest online price for this disc alone is $25.99, according to dvdpricesearch.com, and at most retailers, it's over $30.) The lowest price listed online for the two pack was $39.75. So, go get yours today! :)

Also picked up Supergirl LE, The Insider and two "Front Row Features (classic Danny Kaye and Shirley Temple) for $3.99 each.

Thanks to all in the forum for pointing me to K-Mart this week!

- Bob

8. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

They are cleaning out their entire stock of Anchor Bay titles for $6.99. Go nuts. I bought 5 DVDs, and probably would have purchased more if they had a wider selection.

Island at the Top of the World

Supergirl LE

Death on the Nile

Tapeheads

Jane and the Lost City

9. John Fieldstadt

John Fieldstadt Stunt Coordinator

You can add Maximum Overdrive and C.H.U.D. to the list for $6.99.

10. Chris Lock

Chris Lock Second Unit

> Yesterday, I picked up a two-pack of Rushmore (Criterion version!) and High Fidelity for $29.99.

I got that at Sam's Club about a month ago for less, around $24 if I remember.

11. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Our local K-Mart was selling Field of Dreams for $14.99 when Best Buy only revised their price down to $17.99.