DVD backs pet peeve

Discussion in 'DVD' started by PaulP, Jan 4, 2005.

1. PaulP

PaulP Producer

It might be just me, but isn't it odd that studios, when writing that synopsis of the film for the back of a DVD, list actors' credits for films that they were in after the film it's being written for. (God what a horrible sentence, but I hope you all know what I'm talking about). It's kind of a pet peeve with me I guess, because each time I notice it, I dunno, it just annoys me. I don't know why. :b

2. Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell Screenwriter

Andy Budgell
    Yeah, I know what you mean, it is kind of strange.

Andy

3. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Nevermind that, although I do know what you mean, what irritates me is when the studios see fit to put a really big picture of an actor or actress on the cover of a catalog title that they had a small part in because they've "made it big" since.

Example, Jennifer Lopez's first film was Money Train, when that film came out it had a big picture of Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrleson on the posters because they were the two leads.

Now, we have the dvd that features a big picture of Lopez on it because she got popular since the film's release, relegating Wesley and Woody to playing second fiddle to her.

Obviously it's to sell more copies, but still, that shit get's under my skin.