What's new

DVD Audio setup question (1 Viewer)

MikeMcGrew

Stunt Coordinator
Do I just hook up my regular RCA cables for my DVD-Audio? The left and right (red and white) to the appropriate inputs on my receiver? What cable do I use for the center channel preout? Do I need to hook up a subwoofer cable to the subwoofer preout/input even though my sub is already hooked up to its own preout? My receiver has two places for the sub, one by the dvd analogs and one by itself. Will my receiver (Pioneer VSX-D508) display indicate all five channels are in use if I'm hooked up correctly? I have this capability and have not attempted to use it yet. If someone can help me, then I can try it out tomorrow (my girlfriend's asleep now!). Thank You, Mike M.

KendallT

Agent
First, your DVD player has to be capable of DVD-Audio. Assuming it is, there should be 6 analog outputs grouped together (FL,C,FR,SL,SR,BS,SW) in addition to 2 normal analog outputs (L/R) and the digital outputs (coax or optical(or both).

These 6 analog outputs should be directly wired to the "EXT. IN" inputs on the reciever (at least that's what they're called on my Denon reciever)which are separate from the DVD L/R input.

I'm using normal RCA cables for all the analog connections and they work fine.

Hope this helps!
Ken

MikeMcGrew

Stunt Coordinator
I have everything except the back surround. The DVD player is a JVC XV-FA95GD and it is DVD-Audio capable. The center channel preout stands alone so what cable do I use for that? Does it matter if it is a right or left RCA or are there single audio cables for this specifically?

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Does it matter if it is a right or left RCA or are there single audio cables for this specifically?
It does not matter, any RCA cable should do the trick for passing the audio. Personally I use 3 pairs of stereo cables for my players. My one rule of thumb would be to make sure all your cables are from the same model/manufacturer (not really a requirement, but guarantees you will have consistency is sound reproduction and looks).

J

KendallT

Agent
Yeah, J's right. The color coding on the ends of the cables (red/white) is only just that - color - so you don't get the ends confused at the opposite end.

MikeMcGrew

Stunt Coordinator
Thank's Gentlemen. I'm going to pick up my first DVDA CD's today. I am waiting on a new speaker set up so this should be FUN!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks