What's new

DVD-AUDIO seen at Circuit City? (1 Viewer)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
Today when I was in Circuit City locally I saw that they now have a DVD-A kiosk. They've had the SACD kiosk for a while there but now they've added DVD-A. I wonder what brought this about? Thought they were strictly SACD? The only DVD AUDIO player that I know of they sell is the Panasonic CP-72, which makes me curious now why the never carried the rp82 model. They even had the discs (WEA) at $14.99 to boot!!

Great now that we are given a choice now!

David

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I've been buying DVD-Audio discs, from Circuit City for months now! I didn't know that no one knew they selled them there. Yes, their prices are wonderful. $14.99 as opposed to Best Buy's $19.99 and up, prices!

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
My CC never sold them (and of course, the sales idiots have no idea what I'm talking about). I'll see if they have them now.

My experience at the Wiz was even funnier. They had this sign right in front of the sofware area for SACD. So I ask one person about them and they say "we don't carry it". Uh...ok, do you see the sign? Next person - same thing. FIVE people at the Wiz said that they don't carry SACD even though they have a sign for it.

I finally found them - a small pile in the HARDWARE section.

Mike

Bryce Miner

Stunt Coordinator
My local Circuit City only carries SACD as well. I was on their website and saw they have DVD-a available, but wondered why not in their stores....I'll stop by on my way home from work and check them out again.

EdG

Stunt Coordinator
I got Fleetwood Macs Rumours and The Doors L.A. Woman on
DVD-A last weekend at my local CC. This was the first time
I had seen DVD-A for sale there.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Bingo! My local CC just started stocking titles, too. I have a buddy that works there and I asked him how long these had been there. He replied, "We've carried DVD-audio for a while." I asked him how long he thought a while was since I'd been to the store last week and they didn't have any titles THEN!

Awww crap...Sorry, just venting a little frustration.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
It was announced a few months ago that all Circuit City stores would begin carrying DVD-A discs by 2003. Their in store prices are very nice compared to Best Buy, but you can get them for a buck cheaper (13.99) if you order them from their website plus have a larger selection. They always have buy 2 titles and get free shipping, but many times also have free shipping on any order.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks