DVD Audio Question....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Jan 11, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I plan on investing on a DVD Rom Burner sometime this year(Hoping Creative comes out with one since that's the brand I'm familiar with), but I've got a question....
    I'm assuming a DVD Burner acts just like a CD Burner as far as creating Audio goes. You drag and drop a wav file onto the DVD, Burn it, pop it into a DVD player, and off it goes.
    But here's my question. Do they make car CD players that play DVD Audio discs? This may seem kind of strange, but I create Audio CD's of my favorite TV Shows and movies for listening on long 2 hour Jersey Shore Car trips and other flights. Some of you may have heard Mumm-Ra from Thundercats coming from my car speakers whilst stuck in a traffic jam last year [​IMG].
    But the problem is, the new car has no tape deck, so I've been stuck using regular CDr's. With tape, you can fit 6 eps per tape, but with CDR, it's more like 3.5, wich means twice the amount of CD's compared to tapes.
    I would love to convert all this stuff to DVD audio, where I can probably fit 12 per disc, but it's not worth investing into if I can't even play it in the car.
    Thanks!

2. John Tillman

John Tillman Supporting Actor

I don't know anything about burning DVD's, but I think a car deck which is MP3 capible allows for a large amount of songs as compared to a regular CDR.
    I spoke to an audio guy yesterday about a Kenwood 8017 deck for $299.
    Here is a recent thread relating to it:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=36524

3. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike

4. TyC

TyC Stunt Coordinator

There are car DVD-Audio players (actually I've only seen one in the Crutchfield catalog), but Mike is right. DVD-Audio must be authored, and blanks and drives are expensive. As others have said, MP3 is a better solution for now.

5. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hmm, since I know absoulty nothing about MP3 authoring, assuming it can be done on a standard CDR/W drive, can anyone point me to a MP3 for Dummies page? [​IMG]