DVD Audio Problem/Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Brighton, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Matt Brighton

Matt Brighton Stunt Coordinator

Just got a new DVD Player that supports DVD-Audio and while I'm not that much into it, I figured I'd buy a disc just to see what all the fuss is about DVD-A (Buena Vista Social Club in case you're wondering).

Well, my new player (Mistubishi DD-8020) works great, and I bought some new Audio Cables to connect from the 6 Ch. output to the 6 ch. input of my Onkyo TX-DS676 Receiver. Essentially the long and short of my problem is that I cannot get DVD-Audio to play! No sound comes out, even in stereo mode. I'm sure this is an easy fix, but it's got me stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

-Matt

2. StevenB

StevenB Agent

Hello,

I am not very familiar with that specific DVD player but I am sure someone on this forum has an easy fix for the problem. In the meantime, have you checked the troubleshooting section of the owners manual? I am almost certain you will find your answer in there.

Steve

3. Craig F

Craig F Second Unit

Craig
    Make sure the multichannel inputs are enabled on your receiver. There is a setting for this in the setup menus.

4. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Yeah, you probably have a button or a software switch for your seperate 6-channel input. Just changing your input over to DVD ain't gonna cut it.

For example, I have a button on my Yamaha RX-V1000 to switch to 6 ch. input, regardless of what video source I am on.

5. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

You may also have to go into the DVD player's menu and enable the 6 channel output. Enjoy your new player. If you like DVD audio check out Metallica's Black Album.

6. Matt Brighton

Matt Brighton Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for all the help folks, actually it was a setting on my receiver. I didn't have the Multi Channel input assigned, so I had to assign it to Multi Channel and now all is well. I might have to check out a few more titles, as it does sound very good. Again, thanks for the help!

-Matt