DVD Audio Modes

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Ron_L, May 21, 2004.

1. Ron_L

Ron_L Second Unit

Feb 21, 2002

I'm currently just tweaking my Philips Pronto remote again and have stumbled into a little bit of an issue regarding selecting dvd audio.

I have created a page for selecting different audio tracks, DD 5.1, DTS, etc etc, but these tracks aren't in any specific order and it varies from disc to disc.

What I want to do is press the " double D " button and it'll trigger 5.1 and not the 2.0 stereo that some dvds are programmed to auto start there. Same goes for discs that have DTS on them.

Any ideas?
  2. Mike Keith

Mike Keith Second Unit

Jan 24, 2002
    Can't be done, as you said each DVD is different and has a different order. A typical work around for a Toggle or non-discrete code to go to a known state then toggle the mode how ever many times you need to get to the desired mode.

Example for Sony TV video 2 select

This will get you to Video 2 regardless of what video ch you are on when the command is executed.

So there is no way to do what you want since there is no known state for Audio tracks on DVD’s, you just have to toggle through the Audio modes until you get where you want.