DVD as CD Player

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Adam_Stork, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Adam_Stork

Adam_Stork Auditioning

I have an old Technics CD six disk changer, but I'd like to replace it; it's getting old, it's not remote control compatible, and it's black - I'm trying to get with a solid silver/steel color scheme.

I've been trying in vain to find a silver colored CD player, but aside from some massive 400 disk types there are none available.

My Sony DVP-NS325 DVD player also plays CD's - but only one at a time of course and I imagine you cannot switch from DVD to CD from the amp, you'd need to go the onscreen DVD menu to select the input, which is a pain in the butt. Or can you just pop in a CD, hit the input switch for the DVD player, and just let her rip? I'd be willing to forgo the mutil disk changer function if it's as easy as that. Is this practical?

Or can anyone point to a multi-disk changer (six, not 200 hehe) that is silver in color or has silver accents?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Adam_Stork

Adam_Stork Auditioning

I may have answered my own question back there: if I'm willing to forgo the disk changer function...then that Sony will do it all....pop in a CD, select the appropriate output...and thats it. All I'd have to do past that is hit say Speaker B to activate the two main audio speakers, so it won't play through the surround sound system. As long as Im willing to change the disk manually every once in a while, its no big deal...right?

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    You again? [​IMG]

You don't need to change anything but the disc to listen to CDs via the DVD input.

Panasonic F87 comes in silver and is right around $100, and also does DVD Audio. Decent player for the price. All of the Sonys are now available in silver too, AFAIK.

4. Adam_Stork

Adam_Stork Auditioning

Hehe...

Thanks for the input! That solves one problem at least: I'll just stick with my Sony DVD player (it's in silver).