DVD Article in Atlanta Journal

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AndrewA, Jun 17, 2002.

1. AndrewA

AndrewA Stunt Coordinator

http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/liv...602/16dvd.html
    Found this article today, DVD 101...I thought it was a great article, with a plain and easily understandable explination of "full-frame" vs. Widescreen.
    With the proliferation of news articles panning (pun intended) widescreen in favor of "full-frame", I thought this refreshing and about time.
    I'm sending the author a little thank you note for his article.
    Andrew

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Scanned through it; looks great! I spotted this, which will be fodder for the "why-wait-until-2006?" campe:
    [​IMG]

3. AndrewA

AndrewA Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    You and me both! Do you think Lucas actually has dvd copies of Eps 4-6 and just don't want to share with the rest of us? [​IMG]

4. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

It was a very well done article but I was amused by Bob Longino's recommendation of 8 1/2 and his declaration that La Dolce Vita was his favorite Fellini film, since his exceedingly poor reviews make it sound like he watches nothing but 80's action movies and mainstream schlock.

He's singularly uninformed and another example of the weak Atlanta film community that this individual is the AJC's "movie editor" of a section down to one regular critic and that seems to now get at least half their reviews from other newspapers.

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer