What's new

DVD Article in Atlanta Journal (1 Viewer)

AndrewA

Stunt Coordinator
http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/liv...602/16dvd.html
Found this article today, DVD 101...I thought it was a great article, with a plain and easily understandable explination of "full-frame" vs. Widescreen.
With the proliferation of news articles panning (pun intended) widescreen in favor of "full-frame", I thought this refreshing and about time.
I'm sending the author a little thank you note for his article.
Andrew

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Scanned through it; looks great! I spotted this, which will be fodder for the "why-wait-until-2006?" campe:
:laugh:

AndrewA

Stunt Coordinator
:laugh: :laugh:
You and me both! Do you think Lucas actually has dvd copies of Eps 4-6 and just don't want to share with the rest of us? :D

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
It was a very well done article but I was amused by Bob Longino's recommendation of 8 1/2 and his declaration that La Dolce Vita was his favorite Fellini film, since his exceedingly poor reviews make it sound like he watches nothing but 80's action movies and mainstream schlock.

He's singularly uninformed and another example of the weak Atlanta film community that this individual is the AJC's "movie editor" of a section down to one regular critic and that seems to now get at least half their reviews from other newspapers.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You and me both! Do you think Lucas actually has dvd copies of Eps 4-6 and just don't want to share with the rest of us?
I don't think he ever wants to watch the films again. Many filmmakers feel like that when they finish something.

Besides, if he wants to watch them he has digital masters, probably suitable for DLP and/or fresh 35mm prints. Why bother with DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks