What's new

Dvd A45 Vs Dvda47ai (1 Viewer)

Najib_H

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys what do you think is better the DVD A45 or DVD 47AI from pioneer elite. Is there a big difference between the picture quality? I looked at the specs and it shows a difference but is the quality that much better.

Thanks

Najib

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Najib- I had the 45a for maybe 2 months. I got a great deal on a 47ai, so I traded up.

Here's how I would put it:

- If I hadn't gotten the great deal on the 47ai, I would have been perfectly happy with the 45a.

- With that being said, however, I do feel the difference between the 2 players is worth it.

- The 47ai is almost double the weight of the 45a. (11 lbs 2 oz vs 5 lbs 8 oz or something.) Weight IMO *is* an indication of internal build quality.

- The 47ai has built in video settings for a tube (CRT) TV. (1 of 3 factory "presets".) Now, you could probably accomplish the same thing manually on the 45a, but I'm more of an audio guy than video, so I'm glad the 47ai has settings I can just *use* and don't have to futz with.

- The 47ai also has the Legato and hi-bit stuff. I have Legato off but hi bit on. Can I hear a difference from the 45a? Not enough for these 2 features by themselves to warrant the extra cost, but they add into all of the above.

I actually really highly recommend both of these players. You can't beat the performance for the cost. Just be aware that both of the players have upgraded DACs from the original 47a.

Najib_H

Stunt Coordinator
Keven, thanks for the answer. I am getting the 45a for $418 and the 47ai for $750. I am a big video guy and I want the absolute picture I can get. I have a DENON DVD1600 player and I am very disappointed with it. So is it really worth the price jump for the picture quality. I have a Sony widescreen TV with an ONKYO reciever and Infinity speakers. Well thanks for any answers.
Najib
www.roninonline.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks