What's new

DVD-A Update (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Link Removed
7/30/02
News in today that the upcoming EMI releases contain an extra bonus feature called "Other EMI DVD-Audio Titles" which lists some upcoming DVD-A's from EMI. This is the first official word on the two Beach Boy titles that have been mentioned in another thread on this forum. In addition, there are a couple of other titles that are sure to please a number of readers. See the additions I've added to the Announced section.
After what has been months of waiting for Warner to make their move concerning their much hyped "format relaunch", it would now appear that something is finally going to take place. Late last week, The Swiss DVD Forum, a German dvd review site had a brief news article regarding behind the scenes moves by Warner. Two days ago, the Area DVD, another German dvd review site, had a news article that says Warner's relaunch in Germany is set for Aug 26th with the release of 15 new titles. They are also stating an additional 20 titles before years end. I don't know if this is coincidence or not, but the Warner titles that were announced on Warner's Australian site several months ago, and which appear at the top of my Announced section complete with catalog numbers, just happen to number 15. Will be watching for further developments as they arise.
Have yet to verify the two Warner titles releases. I do know the stereo version Of the Linkin Park title did release but no word on the dvd-a.
Scheduled Releases:
Jul 30
Crowded House: Crowded House (EMI) RELEASED
Ken Boothe: Crying Over You-Anthology (Silverline) RELEASED
Dubliners: Definative Transatlantic Collection (Silverline) RELEASED
Linda Ronstadt: What's New (Warner) ?????
Linkin Park: Reanimation (Warner) ?????
Richard Thompson: Rumour And Sigh (EMI) RELEASED
Queensryche: Empire (EMI) RELEASED
Uriah Heep: Best Of Uriah Heep Pt 2 (Silverline) RELEASED
Yes: Magnification (Rhino) RELEASED

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Shawn C:

Have you heard anything further about What's New?

I don't think it streeted this past Tuesday and I haven't found any site taking pre-orders for it online.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks