What's new

DVD-A / SACD where to buy (1 Viewer)

DustinTaj

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dustin
Hi all. I was wanting to buy The Beach Boy's Pet Sounds on DVD-A, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. So, that brings me to my bigger question.

Where do you guys buy your DVD-A / SACD disks from? I wish amazon.com had a hi-rez section (if they do, I've missed it). CDUniverse has a section, but it's hard to find what you're looking for if you don't know already what you want. I can't seem to search dvd-a or sacd's by themselves.

So, where do you guys get them from? I want the best price I can find. I was going to order Pet Sounds DVD-A from amazon because I have a coupon, but I can't find it.

Thanks.

-DD

DustinTaj

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dustin
Oops. I just found amazon's dvd-a / sacd section. Sorry.

Is there a better place out there to buy, or is a local store better (best buy is pretty cheap when they have what I want)?

-DD

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Dustin,

Online is probably your best bet these days as Best Buy rarely restocks their Hi-rez section and Circuit City has done away with their SA-CD and DVD-A kiosks in most stores. Tower has a decent selection if you have a store near you, but their prices are all close to retail.

That being said, Circuit City online has a pretty decent selection of SA-CD and DVD-A in their music section with prices that are quite competitive.

Other online stores to look at which have decent selection at higher prices include:

Acoustic Sounds
Red Trumpet
Tower

Hope this helps.

J

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
For the best price SACDs, join yourmusic.com - you can get all the Elton John and Dylan SACDs for $5.99/disc. They have a smattering of good jazz SACDs, too.

Go to http://www.sa-cd.net/ for reviews, and links to where you can buy specific discs. Best single reference site, especially to find out whether a disc is stereo or MCH, and the record label (decent reviews, too).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks