DVD-A Message from Eric Johnson

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Dobbs, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs
    DVD PRODUCTION HALTED

EJ sent a note to be distributed and posted regarding the DVD that was in the works with Capitol. Here it is as posted on ericjohnson.com:

"Unfortunately, Capitol Records has pulled the plug on releasing the DVD. I personally put a stop to the release of the inferior product that they did put out. They received return shipments on the 3000 that they sent out.

Believing that there was nothing wrong with them, Capitol took this to mean that people did not want to buy the DVD anyway, and have decided not to reissue it. This is a drag and I am sorry. It is now out of my control, but hopefully some day they will reconsider. And now, onward into the excitement of the future! - All best always, Eric J. "

2. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs
    jeez, doesn't ANYONE care?

I'm glad i at least got the original release, with the incorrectly mixed tracks!

3. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Son of a bitch!
    I keep seeing that DVD-A at Best Buy. I love that album, but I don't buy it because I read here that it's mixed all wrong. Now it won't come out correctly?
    I don't know if I should grab it while I still can...
    You know, we talk a lot about how the industry is handling these high-res formats. News like this is not encouraging. [​IMG]
    NP: Tony Levin, World Diary

4. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs
    Mike, YES grab it! Trust me it's not bad at all and sounds much different in 5.1. Very cool actually. Definitely worth paying for, even if it's not EJ approved.

5. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs
    The DVD-A disc includes 4 different soundtracks. It's got the High Resolution multichannel, High Resolution stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1 and a DTS 5.1 soundtrack. It's also got EJ's music video for Trademark. Very cool!