What's new

DVD-A and SACD to work in one setup??? (1 Viewer)

Mike Main

Stunt Coordinator
I have a DVD-A plugged into my onkyo 696. If were to get a SACD player how could i do it? Could I get a preamp with multichannel input then go into something else?
Someone must have this problem as well.
Thanks Mike:)

Dzung Pham

Second Unit
There are numerous posts about this on the audio/video sources forum so you should do a search there for more details. You can get a pair of Radio Shack switches if you want to do it on the cheap. Shawn Fogg makes one that sells for about $200 that is apparently pretty high quality. And as merc says, the Sony is probably about as good as you can get.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
For $30 total, get two Radio Shack A/V switch boxes. The part number is 15-1952. Two switch boxes are necessary to accommodate the multi-channel sources. I use them and detect no sound degradation. Search the Audio/Video Sources board for '15-1952' for more information on how these switch boxes are used.

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
For $30 total, get two Radio Shack A/V switch boxes. The part number is 15-1952. Two switch boxes are necessary to accommodate the multi-channel sources. I use them and detect no sound degradation. Search the Audio/Video Sources board for '15-1952' for more information on how these switch boxes are used.
So you need two boxes since these only have three ins/outs and you have to switch both boxes when you want to switch devices?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Ken, you are correct. The Radio Shack switch boxes are not designed for switching of multi-channel audio sources. Rather, they are made for switching of stereo A/V sources. Each input and output on a box has stereo jacks (left and right) and a composite video jack. So, one box controls three channels for multi-channel audio and the second box controls the other three. I use one box for the front left and right channels and the center channel and the other box for the rear left and right channels and the subwoofer. DVD-Audio is source A and SACD is source B. Easy enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2handband