What's new

DVC vs SVC (1 Viewer)

Darren_T

Second Unit
Could someone point me to some literature that discusses the difference in performance between dual voice coil and single voice coil. I'd like to educate myself a bit better on the subject. I performed some searches but didn't come up with much.

Thanks.

Darren_T

Second Unit
Nice article, it explains DVC and it's positives quite nicely. The reason I was wondering is I've only used DVC and I'm looking at the Blueprint 1503 as a replacement for my AV15 MKI (Can't get John to reply to my email about fixing it so might have to eat the purchase cost). I only have a 500 watt amp though and the BluePrint is a single voice coil so the flexibility of the driver is limited, not that it would make much difference. It looks like I'd need 1000 watts for the Blueprint driver to be happy.

Thanks.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Yep, DVC is simply there for versatility.

It is perfectly happy with 500 watts that your PE amp would supply.

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
Darren,

You only sent an email today. I'm sorry that I didn't get to it yet, but I only got it 10 hours ago. I have another 157 emails in my inbox that I need to get through as well. I am doing everything I can to keep my customers happy. I've already eaten the cost on close to 100 woofers that were built wrong. I'm doing everything I can, but without woofers to sell I can't make much of anything.

Yes, I will repair the AV15 even though it was not purchased directly from me. Many companies won't transfer a warranty, but in this case I will. Unfortunately I can't do anything until I get parts in though. I can't get parts in until I can get someone to invest some money. Once parts get ordered it will still take 3-4mos for them to arrive.

John

John

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
@John: Don't many banks offer business loans for just such purposes? What about that option makes it unacceptable? A private investor is only one of many possible sources of money for businesses. In fact, you already have a lot going for you in that you have had prior success in running your business as Stryke Audio. You also have a viable business model and a wide-open market for your product.

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
The problem is that you need to have credit to go to a bank. I had to file bankruptcy after everything that happened with my manufacturer. I'm still struggling after replacing so many woofers and refunding others.

The thing is that over the past money I have turned away enough AV woofer orders that I could have already repayed the investment for the parts order. I just need to find someone who can invest money for 6 months and wants to make a nice return.

John

Darren_T

Second Unit
Hi John,

That was my third email. I'm glad you got it though. I realize you are busy, I left a phone message today also. I just need to have a discussion with you so I can clear up a few questions about the driver. If the failure is something that happens right away then mine might be fine. If it is a failure that can happen at any time then I'll want it fixed. Is bottoming out part of the failure? Someone mentioned it and I want to dispell that if it is false.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks