DVB318 to X2 Via Breakout VGA Not Working

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jason-Mar, May 7, 2005.

1. Jason-Mar

Jason-Mar Auditioning

I just received my Breakout cable and was ready for some great images but when I hook up via the breakout cable my projector is not getting a signal from the DVD player. It is a Zenith DVB318 (Dec 2003) The S video works fine. Do I need to set my X2 on a special setting? Help!!!

2. Dave Borg

Dave Borg Auditioning

If the S-video is working fine, my guess is your DVD player is not set to progressive scan. The VGA input only takes 480P or better signal. So you need to switch your DVD player to progressive scan. When you do this you will probably lose signal through the -svideo input but when you hook it up to the VGA it should sync right up.

3. Jason-Mar

Jason-Mar Auditioning

Is the "switch" to Progressive scan only available through the remote on the 318? I bought the player off of Ebay and it didn't come with the remote, but I went to Best Buy and ordered one yesterday.

4. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

The 318 does not do 480i from the component output. It out does 480p , 720p and 1080i.

Does the X2 accept component video from its VGA input? If not ... then you need to get a component to VGA transcoder box.

Break out cables do not transcode signals.

Regards

5. Dave Borg

Dave Borg Auditioning

Have you got the M1 to component adapter from infocus? You would run component from your DVD to the adapter into your projector, and pick computer as your source. Once again you need to make sure the DVD player is outpuitting 480P or better signal. I'm not familiar with that DVD so I can't help there. Sorry.

Dave

6. Jason-Mar

Jason-Mar Auditioning

Thanks for your input guys. I did take the player to Best Buy and we hooked it up to a TV via the component cables so I do know they are at least working. As far as the adapter... I bought the X2 new from an online retailer, and they told me all I needed was the breakout cable. Not being familiar with any of this I took their word for it and bought them. I guess I will be calling them tomorrow.

7. Jason-Mar

Jason-Mar Auditioning

I think I have finally caught on here. I will swap the VGA to component breakout for a regular component and get the M1 to component adapter from Infocus.

Is this the best way to hook up the X2 to a component out

8. Dave Borg

Dave Borg Auditioning

Fromn what I see on the specs the VGA connection on the X2 is an OUT to a monitor. The M1 is an IN from your component cables with the m1 adapter. So yes the component to M1 adapter is what you'd need.