What's new

DVB318 on a Sanyo HT32744; lockup over DVI/HDMI (1 Viewer)

Matt^K

Auditioning
Hi guys,

I cannot get the DVI-output from the DVB318 to work on the HDMI input on my Sanyo HT32744 at all.

My player has the March 2004 firmware and works over the components, but if I use a DVI-to-HDMI cable or the included DVI-cable with a Monster DVI-to-HDMI adapter, the darn thing locks up right away at the "HELLO" screen and needs to be unplugged.

If I start the player unhooked to the television then plug it in after the player initializes and says "NO DISC", the same thing happens: it immediately freezes and won't respond to input until I pull the power on it.

I emailed Zenith's customer service but given their track record as far as support is concerned, I'm not planning on getting a response anytime soon and my RMA deadline is drawing close. If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks!

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Very stupid question: Did you make sure the component video cables were completely unplugged when you switched to DVI? Call 1-877-9Zenith.

You're not the first I've seen having an HDMI-DVI issue like this.

Matt^K

Auditioning
Yeah, I made sure the components were unplugged.

Thanks for the phone number, I completely glossed over that on Zenith's customer service site. Some guys over at AVS have said that this is a common problem with the HT32744, so it looks like a return and the Denon 1910 is my only option.

If Zenith provides a fix, I'll return and post it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks