What's new

DV-Depot any good??? (1 Viewer)

Mark Mc Dermott

Auditioning
To date I have purchased DVD's online from a number of suppliers as follows.....
DVDExpress Excellent service but now going out of business
DVDBoxoffice Reasonable prices but service is poor & shipments take too long
Movietyme only two orders but happy enough
Play247 Excellent service again but of late do not seem to carry large selection i.e. no pre-order details on Total Recall SE or Basic Instinct SE, Also slow to receive and ship certain films i.e. Big Trouble in Little China.
I am think of trying out DV-Depot but would like to hear some opinions on their overall service. Comments that I have seen on other threads seem to indicate that they are quite good. Their prices are quite reasonable and looking at the DHL option only costing $9.95 US for 7 DVD's is very cheap.
Please advise soonest!!!!
alien.gif

------------------
What we do in life matters

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I've only ordered a few things from DV Depot, but I can say I've never had any problems with them. They weren't as fast at shipping as some other companies I used, but the customer service was excellent.
I don't know if DVD Empire shippes to Ireland, but you might want to try them. They've been the best and most consistent e-tailer I've used. Just be aware that their default shipping is FedEx, which obviously costs more.
www.dvdempire.com

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Welcome to the HTF! You might have better luck posting this in the Retail and Wholesale Vendors Feedback area. The mods might move it there anyway.
To answer your question: I've ordered from dv-depot a few times and have always been pleased with their service. I ordered the Good Will Hunting: CE (Alliance) and received a bad disc. They cheerfully replaced the copy. Good service.
icon14.gif

------------------
DVDs | CDs
Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress, come here and feed me this belt, boy!

Mathias Klemme

Stunt Coordinator
I have tried countless online DVD stores, and when it comes to fast, "duty-free" shipping to Europe dv-depot is the best place to get your DVDs. Their overall service is fantastic and I get my DVDs within 3 days (to Germany).
Mathias
------------------

Gareth Flynn

Stunt Coordinator
Mark, as a fellow Dub who has also gone through many retailers (Reel, Express, Amazon, Play247, Movietyme...) I heartily recommend DV-Depot. They've got the best Customer Service out there and their DHL option usually takes no more than 3 days. Little things like how they protect the discs with cardboard slipcases or paper towel so they can't pop off the hubs and get scratched put them a cut above the rest.

Alex Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
i am in the states and have used dv-depot with no problems. as stated, they will repack the discs with cushion to help the shipping.
i just recently ordered from direct video and had excellent service and incredibly fast shipping - another option for you, perhaps.
slainte,
a
------------------
visit neverville

hong_suy

Auditioning
I often make my purchases from Dv-depot...
very competitive prices on most titles, with the cheapest registered shipping to my location compared to other online retailers, and I usually recieve my discs within 3-4 days of delivery by DHL.
excellent customer service with a forum for feedback.
Cheers...

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I'm moving this over to Retail Vendor Feedback...
I've been using 'Depot for over two years. They improved quite dramatically over the past few months. Orders of in-stock items now ship same or next day. Most popular shipping method to Europe is the DHL 3-day - literally 3 days (sometimes less), no customs tax (not guaranteed but none so far). Costs around £7, and it's for 1-7 DVDs. When you order you have the option of the disc cases being opened and checked, with the DVDs themselves placed in protective sleeves.
As has already been said, excellent customer support and they have their own online forums. Their 'flexicart' means you can reserve titles when or before they are available - and they literally reserve a copy for you.
Only downside is their website can be a bit slow sometimes.
------------------
Link Removed
"One does not simply walk into Mordor."
Link Removed

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
Excellent !!
I used to order DVD at 2 or 3 different etailers (depending on price, availability,... ), but now I only use dv-depot (~50 DVD ordered).
The flexicart is a great tool to (re)arrange your shipment (in case of one title being delayed,...).
As Rob said, the only (minor) complaint is that their website will never win any speed contest... :)
They've got a great CS too (they usually respond to any query through their forum).
Highly recommended !!
Vincent
------------------

AFI Top 100 Films Home Theater Forum Challenge

AFI Movies Left To Watch: 34 33 32 31 30: Sound Of Music (3.5 out of 4)

Gunnar Syren

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gunnar Syrén
Well, I use DV-Depot a lot, and I can only agree with what's been said. They're great.
If you only want to order a disc or two, the $10 shipping might seem high (but you do get them quickly). In that case I'd go with Laser's Edge as Roger Mathus suggested.
Some titles (especially Criterion) tend to be more expensive in Canada, but generally I don't bother going anywhere else because the customer service and speed of delivery more than makes up for a dollar or two in higher price.
Bottom line: DV-Depot - Two thumbs up
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks