What's new

DV-45A no analog out for redbook CD (1 Viewer)

morrisjones

Agent
I need the analog out from my Pioneer DV-45a because my Rotel receiver only distributes the analog inputs to the outputs for zone 2 and record out.

But when I put a standard redbook music CD in the DV-45a, the only output with anything on it is the digital PCM out. Both the stereo and 5.1 outputs are silent.

This isn't true of DVD, DVD-A, or SACD!

I reported this in passing some months ago, and other DV-45a owners couldn't replicate the problem. In fact one said they preferred the DACs in the DV-45a to their receiver.

Is this just a bug in my particular unit? Is there a setup switch I haven't found?

Mojo

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
But when I put a standard redbook music CD in the DV-45a, the only output with anything on it is the digital PCM out. Both the stereo and 5.1 outputs are silent.
That is odd. Unless there is something amiss in the set-up, I have no explanation. I run my player through the 5.1 and stereo outs, as well as digital out. No problems to report.

FTR you MUST enable the 5.1 outputs in set-up. If you do so, there is an indicator in the display that says 5.1 (it is always on regardless of what you are playing....kind of useless IMHO). If this is not on, then you have not turned the 5.1 on in set-up OR there is a fault in the player.

What I don't know is if turning the 5.1 on also turns on the stereo out pair.

You might try doing a reset of the player (there is a process in the manual) and go through set-up again. Microprocessors being what they are, a good old reboot may fix something.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks