DV-05 won't turn on!

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by jonny h, Jun 28, 2006.

1. jonny h

jonny h Agent

HELP!

I've been using an X-BOX for a dvd player because my Pioneer DV-05 (1998-ish) won't turn on. If I hit the power button, the red standby light blinks off and then back on. Any ideas? Oppo?

Thanks,

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Jonny, the machine has apparently played its last disc. Time for the Oppo I suppose. Remember, your Pioneer is eight years old, a first-generation player.

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

The DV-05 is not first generation. It's one of the early DTS compatible players, but definitely not Gen1 DVD. My brother's Toshiba SD-2006, now that's a first gen player. I think it's still running!

I'd pull the top on that bad boy and see if there's a blown fuse at least before giving in.

4. jonny h

jonny h Agent

Like a tube fuse? I should only be so lucky. I'll take a look. Thanks!
    Actually, I am getting some good use out of the old DV-05 right now. We have one of those large entertainment centers with glass panel inserts on the doors. I used to have to leave the door open if I was trying to use the remote with my X-BOX due to a nice wooden stile sitting in the way. I stuck my busted DVD player under the X-BOX so the IR receiver can be seen through the glass now. Works like a charm, even when it doesn't!