Dutch sites with Courrier/fast shipping.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob Partovi, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Bob Partovi

Bob Partovi Stunt Coordinator

I've ordered form a couple dutch sites and it seems they're very slow. Any recommendations on fast sites to the US?

2. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    There's still not a broad market coverage of e-tailers in Holland. What are you specifically looking for? I myself hardly order on-line yet (just a few exceptions).

Cees

3. Bob Partovi

Bob Partovi Stunt Coordinator

well i ordered a couple of dvds like 3 weeks ago from a couple of dutch sites. bruna and bol I think and still have yet to receive them. I'm more interested in speed of shipment really. intertran translater doesn't seem to good with dutch translations so i'm really not sure how to tell which sites ship airmail or courrier as opposed to boat shipping.

4. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Bruna isn't typically aimed at foreign customers and the delivery time they give on their site for "outside Europe" is 10-20 days.

Bol (= Bertelsmann On Line - a German enterprise) on the Dutch sites is much like Amazon (I think they are licensed Amazon representatives, or something). They state 5 - 12 days for delivery to Northern America.

So, speed isn't their gimmick! (compare: my DVDs from US retailers arrive within 3-5 days).

Cees