What's new

Dutch films (1 Viewer)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Now that I'm region-free I'd like to get some Dutch DVDs. I've been searching on-line but I can't find a comprehensive list of Dutch films on DVD - none of them seem to be anywhere near complete.

Since I have spotted so many folks from Holland on the HTF:
Does anyone know which Dutch films are available and what the special features are? Which are OAR and which are MAR?
Better yet, can anyone point me to a good site on-line that has all this information?

I'm already looking to get Paul Verhoeven's Floris set (which has a new documentary), Flodder (does this have any special features?) and De Lift (which also has commentary).
Anyone else have suggestions?

Also, Flodder 1 and 3 are available on DVD but I haven't seen the second listed anywhere. Is that still MIA?

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...wouldn't you need English subtitles?... I have a few Dutch movies* - on Dutch DVDs - in my 'collection', but none of them have English subs...
* e.g. Abel / Karakter / De Avonden
. . . :frowning: . . .

DieterW

Agent
Very few Dutch movies released on DVD in the BeNeLux contain English subtitles. With some luck, you can find a DVD with Dutch subs, but even this would be exceptional. From my point of view, this is a very stupid thing to do, since putting English subs on their DVDs might be a way to promote their movies abroad. Movies as Karakter (Character) and Iedereen Beroemd (Everybody Famous) are available here for a long time already, but without subs... There are Verhoeven movies available in the US and the UK (Tartan) though, and they have English subs. Also, don't forget Spoorloos (The Vanishing) in the CC, although this is Belgian and not Dutch ;)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I speak Dutch so I don't need English subtitles.
I've seen De Avonden a long time ago so I'll definitely check that one out. Are there any Dutch (or Flemish) DVDs that have audio commentaries?

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Thanks. I found out that there will be a 11-disc Fons Rademakers box set in March, with audio commentary on three of the films. Can't wait!!

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Michael
well then you should get Swiebertje vol 1 -4, classic tv stuff from the 60s and 70s
:D

Rino van Dam

Auditioning
Anchor Bay has released some Region 1 Dutch Paul verhoeven films. I personally own 'Turks Fruit'. It is in Dutch, with English subtitles. Quality is OK. Can't remember if it's anamorphic.
[Update]
It is anamorphic, and Anchor Bay has a total of five Paul Verhoeven films.
Anchor Bay
Rino

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks