Dust - It's everywhere!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim_Hunt, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Jim_Hunt

Jim_Hunt Extra

I was doing some light housekeeping chores this morning with the wife and I am in charge of dusting. It's everwhere.

We seldom open the windows more than 2 or 3 days in the spring and the fall. I love AC! I always replace the furnace filter every one to two months. I usually get the nice 3M ones for allergies.

My house is 40 years old and on a crawl space (covered in plastic and lined with gravel). We are in the country. I dusted as a kid too and I don't remember it being this bad.

Natually, my computers and HT equipment is a concern but I just hate dust in general. Any tips on this off-topic/on-topic issue?

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Make sure to change the filters in all your heating/cooling systems as often as possible. Consider upgrading to higher grade filters as well.

In my home I replaced the old style "washable" heater filters with top grade Hepa filters which I replace religiously every 60 days. The dust issue was reduced by a tenth! Don't skimp and buy the blue $.99 air filters- find the top quality ones (I think I spend about $10 per filter, and my furnace uses 3).

It really made a giant difference.

-Vince

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne

4. Jim_Hunt

Jim_Hunt Extra

5. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

Go to WWW.APRILAIRE.COM and look at the Model 5000 Air Cleaner. I've installed them for customers that have allergy problems and they also really cut down the dust.

6. Don Peskin

Don Peskin Stunt Coordinator

I bought a couple of Ionic Breeze air cleaners from Sharper Image. They seem to do a good job and there are no costly air filters to replace.

7. Ozzie

Ozzie Agent

I have the same Ionic Breeze air cleaners...they work!

My friend that introduced me to the air cleaners has 3, indoor, cats. Needless to say, the air cleaners pick up most of the sheded hair and dust particles.

Definately reccomended.