What's new

Dust in the grooves of an unprotected PT53WX42?? (1 Viewer)

Brian Walsh

Auditioning
I was visiting Circuit City the other day...eyeing the PT53WX42, and the salesperson suggested that because we live in Arizona that we get much more dust in our homes. This dust gets in the grooves of the unprotected screen and is very hard to clean. He further suggested that this, over time would harm my viewing experience and for another $200 they could install a protective screen for me. Any comments on cleaning a PT53WX42 screen? Thanx!

Brian Walsh

Auditioning
That's exactly what I was wondering! So, in your opinion, the "unprotected" screen grooves can be cleaned easily? I know the question sounds kind of silly...but dust IS a problem in Arizona....

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
my 53wx42 is in a room that was finished not long ago, it's still dusty. plus my cat is a walking dust generator. i check my TV regularly for dust buildup and it's always been great. the guy's just trying to get you to spend more money.

Brian Walsh

Auditioning
Thanx for the quick replies, guys! I figured as much. The salesman kept steering me away from the Pannys toward the Hitachis that were $700 more for the same screen size! From what I understand from reading these boards the Hitachi widescreens are generally a better product...but noone seems to argue that Panasonic gives you the most TV for the money. The 53wx42 has been priced as low as $1499 in Phoenix. This would allow me to put together a better sound package to stay within my $3000 budget! Thanx again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks