dust in/on tv

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Rob Michaw, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Rob Michaw

Rob Michaw Stunt Coordinator

I just moved into an old/new house (40 yrs). I tore out the carpets and am getting hardwoods installed. My gear is out of the house except for my RPTV. In the kitchen ceramic tile is being pounded out right as I type. There is a ton of dust all over the house (specifically in the basement where the TV is). I had anticipated a ton of dust, so I cardboarded the screen up, put a blanket over it, then wrapped it in moving cellophane. There might be a little crack here or there where the dust could get into the set. Any way to clean the back when I take the wrap off? Compressed air in the holes or use a shop vac on the outside?

TIA.

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Rob,

It sounds like you pretty much have the thing hermetically sealed – I don’t think you have to worry about a dust issue. A piece of plastic draped over the TV would have been sufficient; air-born dust merely settles on top of things, due to gravity. You would have to have forced air blowing on or around the TV to get dust through vertical cracks, underneath a drape, etc.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt