Duran Duran live at Wembley DVD?

Discussion in 'Music' started by MarkDukes, May 30, 2005.

1. MarkDukes

MarkDukes Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone have an update on this release?

The reunited Duran Duran performed five sold out nights at Wembley Arena in the UK last year, and the last 2 shows were filmed for DVD and CD release. These shows were fantastic (this band has never been better), but the announcement for a release date keeps getting changed.

All I know is that Coming Home Studios is doing the release, and I trust they are reliable...they have done the Dave Matthews Band Central Park DVD.

HELP!

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I will buy this whenever it's released.

It will make a good companion piece to the Spandau Ballet: Live at the NEC DVD.

3. Tim H

Tim H Stunt Coordinator

Some UK website had this up for pre-order for June, but that's the only online retailer so far that I know of. No official release date on the band's official site, so I'm guessing the June date is no good.

4. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    From the Remix website:

I couldn't find anything more specific than "spring." Didn't have time to go through the forums on the official website, though.

5. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I just got the DVD-only version of the Duran Duran concerts at Wembley Arena for $15.00 from Tower Records. I have only scanned the DVD from song to song and I am very impressed....the band sounded great and the extra features are generous. All the hits are here and these guys are seriously underrated. No Power Station or Acadia songs (although Acadia was mentioned as one of the final choices of names for the band initially). Highly recommended!

6. Arman

Arman Screenwriter

7. Arman

Arman Screenwriter

8. JoSAN

JoSAN Second Unit

9. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I will check tonight, JoSAN.

10. Stacey

Stacey Stunt Coordinator

Not to burst anyones bubble but I purchased the DVD + CD version of the Duran Duran concert at HMV and the DVD pixelated and froze on rewind in the Wild Boys. I replaced the title in-store and the replacement had the same problem in the same area.

I then returned the title for refund and tried purchasing in another store and unfortunately the DVD still had the same problem in the same area. Two more tries later and still can't get a working DVD of this.

I finally contacted Rounder Records and sent them my DVD (kept the CD + packaging) but haven't seen a return yet.

I'm worried the delay may be because this pressing has had problems all though the line and they're trying to now find one that works to send me.

[​IMG]

11. Brian-W

Brian-W Screenwriter

I was lucky enough to record this in HD off off InHD

12. Arman

Arman Screenwriter

13. Arman

Arman Screenwriter

14. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

I bought a week ago used and it works perfectly, aside from Simon Le Bon's voice.

Enjoyed immensely though, just wished they had included more tracks on the cd.

The 3D concert footage didn't seem to work very well though.

15. Arman

Arman Screenwriter

Can't resist - just finished playing & watching it from beginning to end (then rewound from end to beginning in 2x, 4x ... 64x modes). No problema! Won't get tired playing Rio over and over again - bass is [email protected]#kin# awesome (in all set-up SRS 5.1, Multichannel, DTS). I will play around that Bonus Features now.

D#@#, I don't have 3D glasses! [​IMG]

16. JoSAN

JoSAN Second Unit

17. JoSAN

JoSAN Second Unit

18. Stacey

Stacey Stunt Coordinator

Sorry I didn't see the replies earlier. My DVD was glitching near the end of the song "Wild Boys".

The camera is doing a pull back on Simon & you can see the flames on the screen behind him. Then a quick cut to the audience jumping up & down then quick cut to Andy's Guitar. It was in this area that it glitched on playing and froze on visual rewind.

After several calls to Rounder Records, I FINALLY got my replacement DVD just the other day (Jan 25) and so far it's working prefectly.

They just sent the full Special Edition package so I now have 2 copies of the cd, packaging & booklet with 3-d glasses.

Overall, awsome concert but real hell to get the replacement and the word from the person I spoke with was the defect seemed to be in just Canadian copies of the DVD (my replacement came from the states).