What's new

Duran Duran DVD, coming soon? (1 Viewer)

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
Here's a list of Easter Eggs on the set and how to access them (from DuranDuran.com):

DVD 1:

Girls On Film (long uncensored version- alternate ending):

Plays alternately after watching the long uncensored version

Union of the Snake (Dancing On The Valentine version):

Go to Union Of The Snake On the sub menu and press the left arrow button. This will bring up an icon, press play/enter.

New Moon On Monday (4 Alternate versions):

Once you have played the first default version (E.P. Version), if you go in and select the track again - you will get a different version every time.

Wild Boys (Long Arena Version):

Plays alternately after watching the 7" Edit Version

La Galerie De Duran

a) Planet Earth (Club Version):

When Planet earth pack shot is enlarged go to the bottom pack shot (Girls on Film) and press left arrow button on remote. This will take you to a hot spot, press play/enter.

b) Girls On Film (Short censored version):

Click to enlarge the Girls On Film single pack shot, go to play and press enter or play/enter.

c) A Day In The Life featurette:

Highlight the 3rd pack shot down whilst the album pack shot is enlarged and then press your right arrow key which will highlight a hot spot. Press play/enter.

d) Nick and Simon discuss the recording and production of the album Seven & The Ragged Tiger:

Go to next whilst the album pack shot is enlarged and then press your up arrow key which will highlight a hot spot. Press play/enter.

e) Interview by Paul Gambaccini with Roger, Andy and Simon about Wild Boys:

Press up arrow key from play whilst the Wild Boys single sleeve is enlarged. This will highlight a hot spot. Press play/enter.

f) Interview by Paul Gambaccini with John, Andy about A View To A Kill:

Go to playand then press right arrow. This will highlight a hot spot. Press play/enter.

DVD 2:

Le Galerie De Duran

a) Liberty album EPK:

Whilst album pack shot is enlarged go to top single pack shot and press up arrow key. This will take you to a hot spot, press play/enter.

b) Serious (Multi Angle):

Enlarge Serious pack shot, go to album then press right arrow key. This will take you to a hot spot, press play/enter.

c) The Wedding Album - Television Commercial

Whilst album pack shot is enlarged go to next and then press the down arrow key. This will take you to a hot spot, press play/enter.

d) Come Undone (Censored version)

Enlarge Come Undone pack shot, go to play and then press left arrow key. This will take you to a hot spot, press play/enter.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks for the list Craig ! That is an insane amount of easter eggs. Dont get me wrong, i dont mind a few, but that is alot of hidden features to look for. Anyway, this still looks like a phenomenal 2 dvd set, of 1 of my favorite groups of all time.:emoji_thumbsup: :)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Yes!, this will also be in my collection.

I also want Billy Idol's videos to be released. I'm aware of the VH1 Storytellers but am looking more forward to his videos. I just got the Bjork Greatest Hits DVD to replace my VHS Volumen. There are a few 5.1 mixes. I'm with Ron, some music is better 2.0

Duncan_N

Stunt Coordinator
I picked this up yesterday.

Pretty good mastering video wise - obviously many of the songs were shot on video in the early 80's but certainly don't look like it (apart from the clothes and make-up!) but the sound is a revelation. As crisp as anything and not a hint that a lot of it is over 20 years old.

I don't like the packaging. White cardboard digi-pak with no slip cover which will get marked easily and all the track listings are in white text on the white background. :rolleyes:Nice idea but you have to hold it up to the light if you want to read it.

The easter eggs! Man - I spent all night looking for them all. Not a single extra is easily found - again, nice idea but very annoying after a while.

Also - Complete lyrics, 30 min interview, photo gallery are all DVDRom only. Again, a bit of a pain.

Overall, can't fault the content though once you can find it. 8/10 for me.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
Didn't they also do videos for "Too Much Information" and another 'spanish type' one from "Wedding Album"?
Yes, and yes...you are thinking of "Breath After Breath" (a duet with Brazilian star Milton Nasciemento). There are quite a few others not on this set as well, but as stated previously this release is not meant to be exhaustive by any means.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Yes, and yes...you are thinking of "Breath After Breath" (a duet with Brazilian star Milton Nasciemento). There are quite a few others not on this set as well, but as stated previously this release is not meant to be exhaustive by any means.
Yes. Those are the two songs I meant!

I also wish Duran had done a video for "Last Chance On The Stairway" which is my favourite ever Duran song. Great 'soul'ful song from the "Rio" album. Any know of it?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Oh yes, Last Chance is one of their very best. Personally, Secret Oktober is my favorite of their's. I still have (it's the only one left) the 12" of that coupled with Union of the Snake.

Peace Out~:D

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to see the edited version (that played on MTV) of The Wild Boys here as I didn't like the longer version that was on the VHS. This was one extremly ambitious video that deserves to be seen. It would probably get more love if it wasn't Duran Duran.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Tony--somehow, I'm willing to bet it'll be just as hard to find at B&M BB/CC stores :frowning: ...but you never know.

In any case, I've already pre-ordered it (and the new Weird Al greatest video hits) on Amazon. Although the combined purchase price for both titles if bought at DDD is less than Amazon's, the fact that it usually takes forever and a day for stuff to arrive at my home from DDD made me decide to go with Amazon; one of the Amazon shipping warehouses is in NV; I live in the Sacramento area--so even with free Super Saver Shipping stuff gets to my house in a day or two at most after it gets shipped out.:D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Anyone trying Borders, visit the Roundup thread and look for a post from Andrea. She's got a coupon posted good for 15% off at Borders through 11/14.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
it took a good while to extract DISC 1 from the hub. Had to rotate it, and then lift.

the menu layout is quite frustrating.

sound is great!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I got my copy of the duran duran 2 disc set on sale at suncoast for 24.99 !I also agree the menus are a little difficult,got frustrated and went with the play all option.For 2.0 stereo this dvds sound is pretty damn good.:emoji_thumbsup: Anyone know how to access the second menu,so i dont have to scan through play all?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
After watching everything on the 2 disc set,i can say it was worth the long wait to see this on dvd !The music videos look and sound better than they ever did. In my opinion the sound on this dvd is actually more robust than on the greatest cd,without sounding unnatural, if you know what i mean.Hopefully this is only the start of more Duran Duran compilations, but im not complaining since 90 percent of my absolute favorites wound up on this set.:emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Tony, I successfully got the Suncoast $24.99 price, which appears to be chainwide (probably thru Saturday).

Only got to watch 3 videos so far, but all of them are super-excellent! Great item, that I'm VERY happy with! :emoji_thumbsup:

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I agree, very well done 2-disc set. Sound is great as is the PQ. I've only watched a couple videos, but I am extremely satisfied with it.

Peace Out~:D

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
David, glad you got the discount and are enjoying it as much me.Also glad youre enjoying it too Ron.Also remember that the easiest easter egg on the set to access, is new moon on monday each time you select the video to play by itself, youll get a slightly different version,of course it has to be in the same sitting.Dont let the beginning opening fool you, because all versions of new moon on monday for the first couple minutes are the same.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks