What's new

Pre-Order Dunkirk (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
149287_front.jpg
155449_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
About damn time! It's weird how some movies go up right away and others are held back for pre-order.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Release date?

No official press release has been posted yet. However, history shows that a press release shows up within a day or two after Amazon preorder appears. I would not suprised to see one later today.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, a definite blind purchase. Will go for the 4k combo in anticipation of a hardware upgrade....someday.....or never.
A definite 4K buy for me. I really enjoyed my IMAX showing and look forward to listening to the Dolby Atmos audio track again.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Very much looking forward to this. The reviews were so positive that this is a no-brainer blind buy for me.

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
A definite 4K buy for me. I really enjoyed my IMAX showing and look forward to listening to the Dolby Atmos audio track again.
Hi Robert,
I thought there was no Dolby Atmos track released for this in the cinema.
The 70mm had Datasat 5.1 and some Imax Digital screenings had 11.1 audio and the DCPs were 5.1

regards Derek.

Last edited:

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
This might be my first 4K buy even though I don't have the hardware (yet). Besides the eventual ability to view a superior format, the cover art is just way better for the 4K than the bluray release. Seeing Tom Hardy and those Spitfires is much better than the guy crawling on the dirt...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hi Robert,
I thought there was no Dolby Atmos track released for this in the cinema.
The 70mm had Datasat 5.1 and some Imax Digital screenings had 11.1 audio and the DCPs were 5.1

regards Derek.
You're right, it has Dolby Vision, but the IMAX theater I saw it in really boosted the audio which made it harder for me to understand the spoken dialogue in certain parts of the film due to the sound effects, particularly during bomb explosions and such. Looking forward to watching it again with subtitles.:) Watching too many films gets me confused at times.:oops:

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/cinema/theatrical-releases.html

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
This might be my first 4K buy even though I don't have the hardware (yet). Besides the eventual ability to view a superior format, the cover art is just way better for the 4K than the bluray release. Seeing Tom Hardy and those Spitfires is much better than the guy crawling on the dirt...
One of the cast of the film was in the boy band 1 Direction ... As the subject is facing one direction - this might be an artistic and commercial choice ;)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
You're right, it has Dolby Vision, but the IMAX theater I saw it in really boosted the audio which made it harder for me to understand the spoken dialogue in certain parts of the film due to the sound effects, particularly during bomb explosions and such. Looking forward to watching it again with subtitles.:) Watching too many films gets me confused at times.:oops:

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/cinema/theatrical-releases.html
What dialogue? :lol:

Seriously though, as movies go, the dialogue is pretty limited here, and the IMAX theatre I saw this in had the sound balanced perfectly, if loud.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What dialogue? :lol:

Seriously though, as movies go, the dialogue is pretty limited here, and the IMAX theatre I saw this in had the sound balanced perfectly, if loud.
I wish I could have said the same thing as some of the limited dialogue was muffled.

moovtune

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
Dialogue was somewhat buried at times at the Academy Theater where I saw it too. No purchase for me. I'm one of the apparently outnumbered people who thought the film overrated and way overblown (musically).

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I will buy the combo in anticipation of 4K equipment. The loudest film I have seen (heard!). A wonderful film to be endured if not enjoyed. The closest any of us will get to being there. It just confirmed my opinion that Chris Nolan is the best filmmaker of his generation.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
fantastic film...saw it twice while it was in theaters. Once in standard 2D, they other in IMAX lite. Can't wait to get this on BD. As others have mentioned, the audio at times was hard to distinguish, so it'll be nice to flip on the subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoobird
Recent bookmarks