What's new

Dungeons and Dragons PnP (1 Viewer)

Jason Handy

Second Unit
Hi all,
I am thinking of trying to get a pen n paper group of people to play Dungeons and Dragons. Do any of you know if there is an online forum to solicit interest in this? I am interested in getting people local to Charlottesville, VA but I am not sure how to go about it.

Thanks,
Jason

Danny R

Supporting Actor
The best place to find people is at your local game and/or comic shop. Any quality shop will have a player finder service.
Wizards of the coast has a forum for finding players as well, which is probably your next best bet.
http://boards.wizards.com/community-...bb=forum&f=279
Otherwise just do a search for RPG Player Finder on Yahoo or some other search engine.
Just don't get involved with these people

Jason Handy

Second Unit
Whoah, the LARPers are pretty frightening I admit. I am just a DM who is looking for some mature players to play a campaign I have designed. Thanks for the tips.

Jason

Jason Handy

Second Unit
I feel the need to step in and mention that my interest for Dungeons and Dragons is strictly via computer and pen n' paper.

Most of us RPGers laugh at the LARPers, and some of us are embarrassed because the general populace has a hard time seeing the difference between us heathens who just play it on paper versus the wackos who decide to dress up and play in the woods.

Just my $0.02

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Damn. I am really disappointed that someone beat me to "Lightning bolt!"

Seriously, go to your local gaming shops. They may not necessarily have a service to hook people up, but they are very likely to have a bulletin board.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Jason, LARP can be really fun if done correctly (meaning in a mature and appropriate manner). The LA-Combat is kinda silly to me, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks