What's new

Dune Widescreen DVD (1 Viewer)

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
I recently got Dun (widescreen) on DVD

It say its 2.35:1 Widescreen

I have a 47" Pannasonic 16:9

so I would think this would behave like all my other movies that are widescreen with the same aspect ratio

I leave the TV on Full Screen setting (there are 4 settings, Zoom, Full, Just, and 4:3) and on all my other DVD's it either fills up the screen as it should on the 2.35:1 ratio (Not sure of that ration but its close) or there are small thin lines on the top and bottom (probably about 1" thick)

Well why with this DVD with the TV set to Full and the case and DVD says widescreen 2.35:1, do I have almost 4" on the top and bottom of black line and the image looks somewhat streched. I tried all the setting and the only thing that looks decent is if I go to zoom.

My other movies don't have this problem. Is this a problem anyone else has noticed with this DVD?

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
DUNE is not enhanced for 16:9 displays.
edit: There is a proper setting on your Panasonic TV for watching unenhanced widescreen movies. I don't know what it is but I'm sure someone can give you the proper information.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
The 1.85 and 1.78 ratios should fill up your screen with minimal to no bars. 2.35 should be closer to 2.5 inch bars.

And Blaine is right. Dune is not enhanced for 16:9 TVs so you will need to use the proper Zoom mode for your TV to view it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks