Dune: The Sisterhood

joshEH

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Josh
WarnerMedia's forthcoming streaming service is poised to explore the world of Dune.

The yet-unnamed platform has handed out a straight-to-series order for Dune: The Sisterhood, a female-focused take on Frank Herbert's beloved novel. Denis Villeneuve, who wrote, produced and directed next year's new take on Dune, will helm the pilot. Jon Spaihts will pen the script for the TV series, which hails from Legendary Television. Villeneuve and Spaihts will exec produce alongside Brian Herbert, Byron Merritt, and Kim Herbert for the Frank Herbert estate. Kevin J. Anderson will co-produce. Spaihts co-wrote the screenplay alongside Villeneuve.

Production on the Dune feature, which hails from Legendary Entertainment, and is being distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, began filming in March. The feature film's cast includes Timothee Chalamet as the lead character, Paul Atreides, Rebecca Ferguson, Dave Bautista, Stellan Skarsgard, Charlotte Rampling, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin, Jason Momoa, Zendaya, Oscar Isaac and David Dastmalchian. It's scheduled to premiere Nov. 20, 2020.

Herbert's Dune novel examines a future in which humanity has spread across the galaxy to thousands of worlds, all ruled by the Padishah Emperor, The Imperium. Dune: The Sisterhood takes place in the same universe, and explores the future through the eyes of a mysterious order of women: the Bene Gesserit. Given abilities by their mastery of the body and the mind, the Bene Gesserit expertly weave through the feudal politics and intrigue of The Imperium, pursuing plans of their own that will ultimately lead them to the enigmatic planet Arrakis — known to its inhabitants as Dune.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dune-sisterhood-tv-series-a-go-at-warnermedia-1217286

Brian Herbert, Byron Merritt, and Kevin J. Anderson?

...Please, God, no. Jesus Christ, this thing's gonna eventually show stupid robot-war shit from those barfulously-crappy prequels aren't they? Frank Herbert would've committed suicide early on if he knew what his son was gonna do to his books.

Reactions: Philip Verdieck

mattCR

Executive Producer
Reviewer
Reaction score
Real Name
Matt
There is Heretics of Dune and Chapterhouse Dune (original) they could use to flesh this out but.. yeah. I'm betting they use the horrific prequels, of which I read through part of one and bailed completely

Reactions: joshEH

NeilO

Producer
Reaction score
Never read the prequels. There is a chance that the series may be intriguing. On the other hand, it looks like it is on yet another new streaming service.

joshEH

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Josh
Never read the prequels. There is a chance that the series may be intriguing. On the other hand, it looks like it is on yet another new streaming service.
Rumor is Warners is killing their newborn DC Universe-service (including Doom Patrol) and rolling it all into one thing, so this might be a part of that.

Also...I can’t begin to express how much I envy you, never having read those craptastic, simplistic, dumbed-down prequels. Wish I could erase them from my brain forever, Eternal Sunshine-style.

Reactions: NeilO

Daalon

Auditioning
Reaction score
Real Name
Kris Myatt Sr
I would be willing to at least watch it. Liking it? That could be another issue. The real issue for me, is yet another streaming service?! I am so tired of this. We are being subscribed to death! At this rate, we will need a cable company like model to house all the streaming services, if this doesn't stop soon.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MotorMikey