What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Like its predecessor, Dune: Part Two is an impressive 4K Blu-ray release.

Dune: Part Two (2024)

Released: 01 Mar 2024
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 166 min

Director: Denis Villeneuve
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama

Cast: Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson
Writer(s): Denis Villeneuve, Jon Spaihts, Frank Herbert

Plot: Paul Atreides unites with Chani and the Fremen while seeking revenge against the conspirators who destroyed his family.

IMDB rating: 8.7
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Warner Brothers
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR

Aspect Ratio: 2.39.1
Audio: Dolby Atmos, English 5.1 DD, English 7.1 Dolby TrueHD, English...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I picked this up yesterday, and us poor suckers in Canada don't get a digital code. So we miss out on (apparently close to an hour's worth!?) a bunch of bonus features too. Otherwise, I agree with Todd's assessment of the disc. Pretty and loud. :)

katarianig

Agent
Real Name
Michael
I picked this up yesterday, and us poor suckers in Canada don't get a digital code. So we miss out on (apparently close to an hour's worth!?) a bunch of bonus features too. Otherwise, I agree with Todd's assessment of the disc. Pretty and loud. :)
It's a good thing I don't live in Canada.)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve got to decide if I’m paying $50 for Dune 1-2 on UHD or watching on HBO 4K streaming which I’m already paying for (and is how I watched Dune 1).

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Same, but it's SO pretty. Didn't know my Hisense could produce colours of that intensity without bleeding.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve got to decide if I’m paying $50 for Dune 1-2 on UHD or watching on HBO 4K streaming which I’m already paying for (and is how I watched Dune 1).
Dear Reader: he watched it on streaming. :)

Decided to watch Dune 1 last night and Dune 2 tonight, taking advantage of the weekend. So no time to order discs (much less rip to HTPC).

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'd rather pay $30 for the disc and own the movie forever rather than keep paying Warners every month for the privilege of having access to it on HBO MAX.
If you don't otherwise subscribe to HBO and intend to rewatch Dune multiple times, and especially if you're going to watch the special features, the discs are the right choice.

katarianig

Agent
Real Name
Michael
And so you'll have access to a lot of movies.
If you don't otherwise subscribe to HBO and intend to rewatch Dune multiple times, and especially if you're going to watch the special features, the discs are the right choice.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
We’re not having a disc vs streaming debate here.

I’m sorry if I lead us too far down this path with my own comments. But this is not the thread to argue with people’s choices about buying discs.

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith
us poor suckers in Canada don't get a digital code
Same here in the UK. :( Also, the lack of an accompanying Blu with ALL the extras on makes this quite an expensive and incomplete release.
However, it does look and sound fantastic and the story seemed to flow much better on this second viewing.

Last edited:

katarianig

Agent
Real Name
Michael
Same here in the UK. :( Also, the lack of an accompanying Blu with ALL the extras on makes this quite an expensive and incomplete release.
However, it does look and sound fantastic and the story seemed to flow much better on this second viewing.
You know. Try watching that movie with a beer. It'll make it seem even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javilim01
Recent bookmarks