What's new

DUNE is out...who knew? (1 Viewer)

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
Just found it in the general A-Z Hd section at best buy. I wish the street dates for these things was made more prominent or they were displayed more excitingly.

As the expression goes, it feels like these weren't released...they escaped! :)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Dune was released in November, last year. It has been out for a while now.

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
I guess my point is more that, if you're the average consumer or not an intense home theater thread devotee, you're totally in the dark about releases!

And also, that it was released in November, but only took BB 4 months to get it in stock! As for that CASABLANCA, FORBIDDEN PLANET and MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY have yet to turn up on the shelves. Whoever is doing the HD buying for the stores has got to clue in to the studio HD sales reps or both formats are screwed.

Ben_Williams

Second Unit
Real Name
Ben Williams
Dune looks great for its age as well... I was pretty impressed with the HD DVD version. I'm a sucker for Dune... I just absolutely love the move despite all the negative attention it seems to get.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Funny, since I just mentioned Dune in a thread yesterday. The rerelease DVD looked really good and I'd read good reviews on here about the HD-DVD before. Definitely hope to own it in HD some day.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
yeah, it has recieved some nice image comments from online sites....looks like a good one from Universal. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks