What's new

Dune (1984) - Soundtrack (1 Viewer)

KyleK

Second Unit
All right, I admit it, I love this movie, especially the music! So I went to amazon.com to get the soundtrack and they have one normal and two imports.
Does this one have the end credits music? I see no indication of anything about end titles music. It also only has 17 tracks. However, this one is an import and has 30(!) tracks but I still don't see any end credit music, and it is only avaliable used.
Do either of these have the end credits music, maybe under a different title? Can anyone give me advice on which one to get?
Discussion on how great the movie and music are is welcome as well, no thread farts please!
Thanks in advance,
Kyle

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Long ago I had the soundtrack on vinyl. The track titled "Take My Hand" is the end credits music. I always liked that tune. And the song on the soundtrack is longer than what you hear in the movie, which just fades it out when the credits are done.

It looks like the import CD has more material than the domestic. But rest assured that the end credits music in its entirety is on the domestic release.

RayG

Stunt Coordinator
I love this film too. When I saw a commercial for this film I knew it was going to be something special. I searched a couple stores for this CD, but had to settle with ebay. I believe the domestic release is out of print in the U.S.

KyleK

Second Unit
Thanks guys, I guess I'll go for the normal one, since the import doesn't have Brian Eno's "The Prophecy Theme."

"We Fremen have a saying: 'God created Arrakis to train the faithful.' One cannot go against the word of God."

Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks