What's new

Dumbo DVD Problem...... (1 Viewer)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
This has got to be the first time I've ever seen this problem.
confused.gif

When you are at the Main Menu of the Dumbo DVD, you CANNOT, I repeat CANNOT use the stop button to turn off the disc.
furious.gif
I have 2 players(RCA 5220 & Panasonic RV-26) and it does this on both players.
The only way it seems that you can stop the disc are to A) Turn off the player. & B) Start the movie or any of the supplements & then use the stop button to stop the disc.
Has any one else had this problem, and should I contact Disney about this.
Peace---Joe
------------------
:alien:
My Dvd Collection

Gary Case

Auditioning
It's not just you. I can't press the stop button at the main menu either! My Toshiba 3109 gives me the little "no smoking" circle with the line through it indicating "you can't do that here" when I press the stop button. Have you tried this on any of your other Disney DVD movies?
-Gary

Eugene Hsieh

Supporting Actor
Confirmed with Panasonic RP91. However, it works fine with my (hacked) Apex AD-600A. Also works fine with PowerDVD on my laptop Toshiba DVD-ROM.
Hmmm... you also can't skip backwards through the trailers at the beginning on my RP91. Irritating.
------------------
Eugene Hsieh, VisorCentral FAQ Editor
1000 km on a tank of gas??? Check out the Prius and drive the future now!
Check out my switched Dual Boot DVD Player Hack .
[Edited last by Eugene Hsieh on October 24, 2001 at 09:40 PM]
[Edited last by Eugene Hsieh on October 24, 2001 at 09:50 PM]

Eric Wickitt

Agent
Doesn't work on my SONY either. This is a first for me,....it's never occurred on ANY disc prior to DUMBO.
I'm guessing it's just how the geniuses at Disney (Buena Vista) authored the thing....wacky.

AaronJB

Second Unit
Had a problem with a JVC player where the disc would lock up after the warning. After hitting stop, then play at the warning, the film would start - this seemed to be a work-around.

Real Name
Takayuki Kihara
I have the same problem with my Malata, too. I can't stop the disc in the menu. I also have the lock up problem just before th movie starts. After hitting the "Play" in the menu , I find the screen goes black (after a little animation within the menu) and nothing happens there. If I press "Stop," the player only says "Invalid," and the other commands don't work, either. So, I have to turn off the hard power switch on the player to release this lock up. I found the workaround for this, though. You just have to start the movie from the chapter selection, and everything is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks